Today, 17th April 2014 has been a real bad day for web masters and web hosting companies alike. Several web hosting review websites and forums are buzzing with information about hosting servers going down. There has been huge downtime for several major hosting companies like JustHost (not sure of the reasons but their answering machine talks about heartbleed). The reasons for the down time does not necessarily be a hack attempt or result, it could be a safety measure by the hosting companies to secure the server while patches are being updated.
Off-Page SEO refers to promoting your website on many different social media websites in order to create hyperlinks back to your website. You can do this by posting to social media sites, social bookmarking, and comments on community blogs or forums with links back to your website. It is essentially the equivalent of internet marketing for SEO purposes. Off-Page SEO is a lot different than On-Page SEO strategies because it is less about doing anything to your site, but more spreading the word of your site by creating back links to your website. While this method of SEO may not be the most effective way to bring organic traffic to your website, it is a main method of SEO tactics and one of the fundamentals of website traffic.
Some Off-Site Strategies include:
- Social Media Websites: chances are you already use Twitter and Facebook, so why not use websites like these to boost your traffic and online presence. Get a community going between you and your audience and create bonds with your audience that can increase your online social standing by vast amounts
- Social Bookmarking: social bookmarking is a fantastic way to create backlinks to your website that will last and continuously bring traffic your websites. Not only will it do that but it will also help your page rank on any number of search engines, specifically Google
- Forum Posting: Forum posting can be a great way to interject yourself into a conversation that people are already having about your specific niche, once you get the ball rolling you can advertise (essentially) on the forum with backlinks back to your website. This is also a great way to create a buzz about your website and increase your traffic
- Posting Answers: Posting answers on websites such as Yahoo Answers or ChaCha Answers can steadily increase your traffic overtime as long as you answer great questions with great answers and post a link back to your website under the answer
- Commenting: Commenting on blogs and websites that are similar to your website is another great way to start a conversation with likewise people and also create even more backlinks to your website. Be careful not to spam, but leave relevant comments that just have a link back to your website under your well-thought-out comment
- Guest Posting (for blogs): Having someone guest post for you, or you guest posting for someone else, is a great way to share traffic with another blog legitimately and also get more traffic to both blogs
- Videos, Pictures and Graphics: Using websites like YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion can be a great way to increase your traffic by posting relevant videos with links back to your websites in a specific niche
When creating a website you want to make sure that your website is optimized to the best of your abilities. There are many things you can do to make sure that you are targeting relevant traffic and also make sure that everything is working correctly on your site to drive organic traffic to your targeted website. When trying to build and maintain a website, SEO is the most important thing to getting your website off the ground and also showing up on search engines, such as Google. Ranking on Google will bring the most traffic to your site and SEO is becoming more and more popular as time goes on because people know it is the most basic and sure-fire way to drive relevant and legitimate traffic to your website.
Optimizing your website to get the best traffic comes down to three factors:
- On-Page Checklist: this is the checklist for what you will want On-Page to drive traffic to your website. On-Page refers to what is displayed on your website
- Off-Page Checklist: an Off-Page checklist refers to what is happening Off-Page, as in permalinks that send people to your website and also the statistics of your website
- Technical: factors such as, if Google has indexed your website, your site speed, and correct working links on your website
When looking for SEO companies to buy services from you want to make sure that you are getting good work for your money. Most SEO companies promise the moon but can’t back up their statements on how well they can produce great SEO on your website. You are going to want to research any SEO company that you are considering buying from because chances are if you research for a little while you will figure out exactly how trust worthy the company is. You want to be careful when hiring an SEO company and there are many things to look for when you do plan on hiring an SEO company.
The SEO company you choose to hire should have:
- Years of Experience: before hiring an SEO company make sure that they have years of experience. An SEO company should have many different methods for raising your SEO ranks. Not only experience, but they should also have customer satisfaction as a top priority as well
- A Good Understanding of all Three SEO Levels: the three levels of SEO are, On-Page Optimization, Off-Page Optimization, and Technical Optimization. The SEO company that you hire should be well versed in all three of these SEO practices. The SEO company should be boosting your site with at least 2 of these optimization practices; ideally all three
- Vast Amount of Knowledge: the company you choose to hire should have a great amount of knowledge on specific niches and also how to target specific audiences. This is very important, especially now, in 2013, with so much competition on the web for small and big niches
- Good Communication Skills: an SEO company needs to be able to speak freely and openly with the customer to get the most out of their SEO practices, the owner of the website will still need to tell the SEO company what they hope them to achieve
- Knowledge of Marketing: not only should the company you hire have years of SEO experience but also knowledge of marketing online. When working on SEO the company you choose to hire should know how to write for your website to market to customers/audience
- Excited to Deliver Quality Work: the company that you hire should be not only eager to work for you, but eager to give fantastic results. Someone who isn’t as motivated in their work might not produce quality results to their customers
When looking for a web designer you want to be sure that you find someone professional. You can do this by going through a company or agency, but you can also go ahead and look for independent contractors from various websites that have many talented web designers who are available to work for a negotiated price or a fixed price. Some independent contractors may be hired on a fixed price or an hourly contract. The most important thing when searching for a web designer should be how much experience they have, personal and professional, because not only will you want a good web designer but also someone who can add a personal touch to your website.
Things to look for in a web designer:
- Professionalism: this is the main thing you will want to look for when hiring a web designer, because if you get someone who isn’t so professional their work could be lacking and when designing a website you want to be sure that you have a great designed website
- Price: while of course you want a professional web designer, you also will want to find a good price for their work, because many freelances online work for different wages so searching deeper might help you find someone who will work for less than others with no lack of quality
- Personality: find someone who has personality, as well as professionalism. When you hire someone to design your website you want it to have a level of uniqueness that some web designers may or may not have, so be sure to look closely at their previous work
- A Great Portfolio: when hiring a web designer be sure to look very closely at their portfolio because you want to know exactly what kind of work they do and what kinds of websites they are best at